Friday, June 29, 2012

hallelujah!


I am so relieved I feel like crying. In fact, it has taken me a couple of days to put in to words how happy I am. Our ultrasound on Wednesday showed completely normal growth and no evidence of any extra fluid anywhere! When the doctor came in to tell us she said almost word-for-word what AnneMarie told me at the beginning of this whole ordeal, “This is one of those rare cases where if you never would have had an ultrasound, no one would ever have known there was ever problem.”

It makes you realize how intricate life is and how often we probably have no idea how close we are to losing it, only to have everything work out fine. Even though there has been so much worrying and stress, I am so glad we were able to witness up close the amazing way this child has been formed and healed. I feel so blessed that God chose to use me as the vessel for this miracle.

So, now they are just going to let me wait for natural labor and most likely will have no interventions needed! They will still continue to monitor me twice a week just to be sure no problems return and that my amniotic fluid stays good (it was a little low this time). Also, I still have to monitor my blood sugar and blood pressure and keep to the low-carb diet. But hopefully in a week or two we will get to meet this little one that we have been praying over for so long!

Liam "checking on the baby".
He insisted we bring his play doctor kit to the hospital with us this time so the doctors could fix the baby.
I guess it worked!

3 comments:

  1. This is SUCH great news! I'm so glad the Lord has answered our prayers and has given you a healthy baby! Good luck with the delivery and we'll keep praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am so thankful to the Lord for His provision and care for your unborn baby. What a miracle and we are greatly rejoicing for your family! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete