Thursday, September 5, 2013

Happy 4th Birthday Liam!


Dear Liam,

Happy 4th birthday little man! I say it every year but I really can’t believe how big you are and how fast you are growing! We have actually been celebrating all week. The night before your birthday you were so excited you couldn’t get to sleep. You kept saying, “When I wake up I will be four!” When you woke up you were thrilled to see the streamers and balloons your dad and I had put up. I love that you appreciate the little things so much.


I thought it would be fun to take you out to breakfast because you love going to restaurants. Daddy had to work so it was just you, Vivian and me. You put on your cape, crown, and birthday pin and we went to Denny’s to get your free “grand slam” breakfast – two eggs, two sausages, two pancakes, and hash browns – and you ate the whole thing! (Well, Vivian helped a little).


After that we went to the park and played for a long time. I planned not to work that day so we could just spend the whole day together. Later, when your dad got home, we let you open your presents. You were most excited about your new bike helmet and pads and also your “new phone.” It is just your dad’s old iphone and the phone part is broken but you love that you can use it to take pictures and play games. You admired the shiny green case we put on it and said sincerely, “Thank you so much for giving this to me.”


After presents we dropped Vivian off at John & Tash’s house and took you out to dinner all by yourself. We went to Red Robin and you loved it when the staff came to sing to you and bring you ice cream. Then we took you to see the movie “Planes”. You were a little bit scared at some parts (you usually are at movies) so I held you in my lap and whispered, “Look! It’s going to be ok!” I’m glad that in some ways you are still my little boy.


The next day we had a party to celebrate all the family July/August birthdays. You had fun playing with your cousins Isla and Emma and Canon. Then on Sunday afternoon we had your own party with all of your friends. You have been talking for months about how you wanted a “Fire Rescue Party” and you had very specific ideas of how the cake should look and what we should do.  Your dad did a great job with the cake and piñata. We also made a firefighter training obstacle course that everyone enjoyed.




You are becoming such a fun kid. Every day you surprise me with your new ideas and your sense of humor. You love to perform and make people laugh. You are a good leader and a hard worker. It is so much fun watching the person you are becoming. We love you so much Liam!

Happy Birthday!

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment