No, I was not a zombie for halloween, but maybe I should have been. Per Liam's request, we were a family of super heros - which is perhaps equally as fitting. My husband in particular was pretty super the past couple of months.
I am finally coming out of the fall fog and feeling
like a member of my own family again after working a crazy number of hours the
past two months. I had three events in the month of October and was working full
time or more - all after the kids went to bed. I not-so-jokingly posted that my
“office hours” were 8pm-4am. Unfortunately, this was pretty much true most
nights. It was rough on all of us but at the same time I really enjoyed the
work I was doing and the people I got to work with.
| where I sat at the airport for 3 days greeting incoming conference attendees |
| the conference set-up |
![]() |
| I had a nice view from my room - which I hardly spent any time in |
| renting out the Seattle Aquarium for a dinner one night |
![]() |
| after the conference was over I dove straight into my next event |
Now I am back to my normal part-time work I feel
like I have so much extra time in comparison. It seems like after being in the
habit of functioning at such a high capacity I am now much more efficient when
faced with just a “normal” amount of tasks each day. We have enjoyed some sweet
low-key family dates and I am finally catching up on my personal to-do list,
which got shoved to the side for several months.
In this season of Thanksgiving I am realizing a new
appreciation for all the blessings we have and truly enjoying the “simple
things”…like showering, sleeping, eating, and talking to my husband.
I am also thankful that she waited until I came home to to this...













No comments:
Post a Comment